Register View

Von
Von Member ✭✭
Why does a recently added credit card account look different than my bank accounts or previously credit cards? I have eight accounts in Quicken and the registers for them all look alike, nice two-line entries. I recently acquired another credit card, added it to Quicken and it looks completely different. I would like for them all to look the same.

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can change from a 1 line display to a 2 line display or back. To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓

You can change from a 1 line display to a 2 line display or back. To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

• Von
    Von Member ✭✭
    Oops, just found it. In case you are curious: locate the gear icon, upper right hand corner of your screen, choose: Two Line Display. Voila!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For investment accounts the 2-line display option is found in Preferences:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Gem51
    Gem51 Member
    Until a recent "upgrade," my Quicken Stater Edition showed future transactions in the register below a horizontal line, and darkened. Now that feature has suddenly disappeared and all transactions, present, future, and past look the same. I have searched register preferences, and find no instructions on how to modify my register display to make future transactions more recognizable. How do I get that back?
  • volvogirl
    Make sure your register is sorted in Date order with the newest date at the bottom.  Click the Date column heading.  You can click it a second time to reverse the sort.  And no filters are set.  Check the filter settings at the top.

• Gem51
    Gem51 Member
    Thanks, but that's not what I asked about. My register is always sorted with the most recent date at the bottom. And the filter settings have nothing to do with my issue.

I want future transactions to appear under a horizontal line, and darkened, like they have in the past. For example, if today is October 28, and I have already entered a deposit I am expecting on November 1, I want the November 1 deposit to appear in the register below a thicker horizontal line, and darker than current entries, so it is immediately obvious that this transaction has not yet taken place. I have used Quicken for many years, and that is how future transactions have always appeared until recently.
  • Gem51
    Gem51 Member
    Never mind. I finally found a way to make it happen.
  • volvogirl
    What did find?  It may help someone else.

• this format is frustrating. finding a diuscussion that reflects on my problem seems unlikely!

• volvogirl

You have added on to a 3 year old post. Just ask a new question. What is your problem?

This discussion has been closed.