Unexpected error linking Acura Financial Services as an eBill

Acura had worked as an eBill for a while. Sometime in the past month a red exclamation point appeared to the left the account name. I unlinked Acura and now whenever I try to link Acura as an eBill it ends with the error message "An unexpected error has occurred".

Has anyone been able to setup Acura Financial Services as an eBill?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gburlingame

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you are having trouble with your Acura bill.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile using the email associated with your Community account.

The error returned is, Acura Financial services have changed the username format and an email is now required to sign in.

A new account with Acura will need to be created, please contact Acura directly for more details and assistance creating a new account.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Tyka,

So Acura Financial Services did change to requiring login with an email at some point in time, so that part of your message I understand.

In fact, I am already using my email at their web site to log into my account. Using my email address, I can log in at Acura and everything works as expected at their site.

But when I try and use the same login information in Quicken (email address for username) it does not work.

I wanted to double check with you because it is not clear what your recommendation is to resolve this.

Thanks,

Greg
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka I called Acura today. We made a new account. That new account is still not working with Quicken. Same error message.
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka , are you looking into this problem? Thanks!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello @gburlingame

Thank you for following up after creating a new account and I apologize for the delay.

When I review the online biller profile I see that the account is syncing successfully and see payments to Acura have also been successful.

Are you still encountering this message or has this resolved itself?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka I am still encountering this message, the issue is not resolved.

Perhaps you are seeing past successful payments? As mentioned in the initial post, payments to Acura used to work prior to change.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gburlingame

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble. I do not see any errors or anything that I may report for this biller, I apologize.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Tyka, I continue to see the same issue as Greg. I opened a trouble ticket with your office last Wednesday, with promises from your Tier 1 support rep that this issue would be resolved by Friday (Sep 4 2020). The issue remains, and I continue seeing the red exclamation mark for my Acura Financial login even though I am using my valid email address/password combination as used on Acura's site. What is the next step to get this properly fixed?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jgbennington

Thank you for the response and for letting us know how it went with support.

In reviewing the support contact I do not see any mention of a date of September 4, Quicken does not offer ETAs in that manner as fixes are often subject to change, and I do apologize if you provided an inaccurate ETA by support.

I do see that support has determined that there are no further steps or escalation paths that can be pursued to correct this issue with Acura.

If you have not done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this, you will not receive a response however this will help contribute to the research of this issue and issues like it.

I apologize for not having better new or additional steps at this time.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    @jgbennington: Thank you so much for posting! Knowing that you are also experiencing this problem is very helpful. Now that I know others are experiencing the issue I will not waste any more of my time calling Acura, tweaking settings, etc...

@Quicken_Tyka I could not find a posting in the forum section "Alerts & Known Product Issues" for this problem. Getting an entry posted there could potentially help other Quicken customers who are experiencing the same issue. Perhaps you could get this issue added to that area of the forums, that would be great!
This discussion has been closed.