Download investments from Fidelity on 8/31/2020 and 09/01/2020 and had Tesla and Apple.

Options
So on 8/31/2020 the transactions were for category StkSplit for both Tesla and Apple. This morning I did my regular download and the investing account download transactions for category Added for both Tesla and Apple. My Quicken investing account is now unbalanced with Fidelity. Curiously the transactions for 8/31/2020 show uncleared and the transaction for 09/01/2020 show cleared. Will this work itself out tomorrow or will manually adjustments need to be made. Dates are not an option for change in my opinion.
Tagged:

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using an ACTION of Shares Added for a stock split is not appropriate.  If that is what Fidelity sent, that is their error.  I'd delete such transactions. 
  • gobucks62
    Options
    Thanks q_lurker. Deleted the added transactions and manually cleared the StkSplit transaction. Balances are now in sync with Fidelity. Well except for the 4 cents due to owning a couple of mutual funds. Not sweating that. :)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fidelity has never really managed stock splits very well in the past, although they did do better for me this time with the AAPL split since they did download it as a Split instead of an Add Shares.  But I still needed to edit the Split transaction so it accurately reflected what really happened so that Quicken would accurately calculate the new quantity of shares held. 
    For me the main issue was that the Split downloaded in the morning came from Quicken's quotes provider and then a 2nd, new split transaction was reported by Fidelity when I ran OSU in the evening so I needed to delete one of them...I decided to keep the Fidelity transaction.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• joel cohen
    joel cohen Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using a Mac... I have just spoken with Tech support... The word is there is a problem with the stock brokerage accounts... Quicken is working on the problem...