Seeing ". . ." in one of my budgeting categories

Options
I've used the budgeting feature of Quicken for many years and it has generally met my purposes. Now I'm seeing ". . . " in one of my budgeting categories. If I hold my mouse on it, the category name is displayed, but goes away when I move the mouse. Also, although it may/may not be related, this same category has double entries on the calendar. I have a screen shot, but don't see any place to attach it.

I've look at all the user groups and I've seen no report of a problem like this. Can anyone shed light on this?

Best Answer

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it a column you can make wider?  Drag the dividing line to make a column wider.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    volvogirl said:
    Is it a column you can make wider?  Drag the dividing line to make a column wider.
    There is no place in the Quicken budgets whether it be the Graph View, Annual View, or reports were the user can control the size of the columns, they are all automatically sized.

@JTClark See if this works to include an image.
    Drag and drop the image on to the comment box.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JTClark
    JTClark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response.
  • JTClark
    JTClark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just realized that I sent a .png. Here's the .jpg version:
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might indicate the name is too long to display. You say when you mouse hover it shows the name, is it unusually long compared to your others?
  • JTClark
    JTClark Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's not the length of the description - as a test I reduced it to 8 characters and it still shows " . . ." Thanks for trying to help though.
  • JTClark
    JTClark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Geoff - that's exactly what I did. I removed the troublesome category and created a new category using the same name, then repopulated the budget with the information. Viola! Fixed, but I'm not sure why. Thanks for your interest and help.
This discussion has been closed.