I am getting error messages when I try to open pdf attachments.

Options
adrian
adrian Member ✭✭
One is an Adobe "AppContainer Incompatibility in Protected Mode" error. The other is a Windows Application Error - "The instruction at 0x00.... referenced memory at 0x0.... The memory could not be read." I looked on the Adobe website but could not understand the explanation for the error. I am only using Windows Security. I also just updated Quicken to R28.24. I have used Quicken on my new computer but do not remember if I tried to open any attachments before updating.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @adrian

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Is this issue occurring on every single attachment or a select view?

Also, if you have not done so already,  I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • adrian
    adrian Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tyka, Thank you for your answer. I did finally get an Adobe error message saying I had more than one version of Adobe running. So I just closed everything and started again and that fixed my problem. I should have tried that first! Though the problem wasn't on all attachments.
    I did run the Validate & Repair tool. I didn't see anything major. There were about 100 messages saying the same thing about an invalid transaction from 0/0/1900 that was deleted. My Quicken file does go back to the 1990s but not 1900! Also some damaged transactions from my home inventory account which said to delete and re-enter. Everything else was okay. Thanks for taking the time to help me.
This discussion has been closed.