Entries posted in brokerage do not download until actually posted mess up reconciliation

Options
Jeff1851
Jeff1851 Member
edited September 2020 in Investing (Mac)
My brokerage accounts (RBC Wealth Management) often show a status of "posted" with no date until the following day. When I update from the account, they posted entries do not download but the effect on the balance shows up. This makes the reconciliation off by that amount. I do not want to make an entry for it since the next day, the update at the brokerage will make a duplicate entry. Has anyone seen this and know of a way around it in reconciliation? Note that enough of these happen that it is hard to find dates where I can reconcile the accounts.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "When I update from the account, they posted entries do not download but the effect on the balance shows up."
    I don't understand this.  You're saying that the transaction itself, whatever it might be, is not downloaded into Quicken but, somehow, the balance in the Account is affected?  That's impossible, I'd think, unless the Mac version of Quicken has some functionality I'm unaware of.  (I'm a Windows Quicken user.) 
    Are you accepting placeholders, maybe, and that's what's affecting the balance?
  • Jeff1851
    Options
    The account's transaction list has an entry that has no date, but is called a "posting" that will be posted the next day. Usually, it occurs when there is a purchase or redemption and the cash is then moved to/from a sweep within the account. The "posting" is a transaction involving the sweep. So, it shows as for example a purchase into the sweep and the cash disappears, but the shares of the sweep are not updated until he next day. When I reconcile the account, it is off by the sweep amount. If I put in an entry for it, then the next day when I update, I get a duplicate entry that has to be removed.
This discussion has been closed.