Not able to update/send bills

Back in June I switched to the new bill pay manager and away from the old bill payment system as I knew Quicken would be shutting it down. I validated the checking account and set things up.

Since June I've been using the new bill manager. What happened recently is that after I enter in the bill to pay it won't send. I click send out of bill manager and it updates but never sends.

If I click the account setup it updates all the accounts but won't send those checks and doesn't give me any error message.

Sent a help request into Quicken but so far no response.

Anyone else know what might be causing this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• scouter
    scouter Member
    Answer ✓
    Figured out the issue. I'm switching from bill payer to bill manager. With bill payer you didn't have to connect the online account to quicken.

Now with bill manager you need to setup the online accounts to pay bills electronically unless you want a paper check.

A miss understanding on my part for not understanding this difference in functionality.

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @scouter,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

Can you provide the steps you take to make this Check Pay Payment?

The reason I ask is because there is no need to "Send" the check payment. Once you have entered the payment details after going to the Checking Register > Check # > Pay (Quick pay/Check Pay) > selecting the Payee > Pay - you should see a window similar to the one below.

After you select Pay Now, the transaction will be created in the Register and the Payee will receive the physical check in 3-5 business days.

You can also review the steps provided Here to make a payment using Quick Pay or Check Pay.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    JV
  • scouter
    scouter Member
    Here are the steps I take.
    From quicken I go to Bills & Income

Click on Pay for the bill I want to pay and I select to send later so I send them in a group.

Whether I select Send Now or Send Later it won't send and the number in payments to send increases.

I'm using Quicken for Windows.

Even if I right click the line in the check register and tell it to pay now, it will update, but still says it needs to send.

Ideas?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @scouter

Thank you for the screenshot and the additional details.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile and I do not show a payment account listed.

May I ask that you navigate to the Bills and Income tab and select the gear, at the bottom do you see "Set Up Quicken Bill Manager" or something else?

If you have previously set up Quicken Bill Manger, do you recall possibly restoring a data file or do you use multiple data files?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • scouter
    scouter Member
    Hi Tyka - I do not have the Setup Quicken Bill Manager option as I have previously set it up. Here's what my accounts look like
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• scouter
    scouter Member
    Answer ✓
    Figured out the issue. I'm switching from bill payer to bill manager. With bill payer you didn't have to connect the online account to quicken.

Now with bill manager you need to setup the online accounts to pay bills electronically unless you want a paper check.

A miss understanding on my part for not understanding this difference in functionality.
This discussion has been closed.