Quotes downloading but reporting doesn't show day change in value

I am running Quicken Deluxe 2020 R28.28. I have one individual stock and a number of mutual funds. When I do my One Step Update, all quotes update to the new daily value and I see that reflected in the total value for each account.

What I don't see and want to see is a report showing me the daily change in value in by investment. On my home page I have added an "Investing View" tab and there I include a window titled, "Investment and Retirement Accounts". This report includes columns that indicate $ and % change in value. However, for all lines, the one stock and all mutual funds, these columns always have only zeroes.

As stated, the values are indeed downloading and they update in Quicken every day but the values do not seem to be carrying forward to this daily performance report. Thoughts?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just added that "Investment and Retirement Accounts" to one of my Home page views and it seems to work fine for me, running R27.28.  Has this worked for you in the past and is now not working in R28.28, or has it just never worked even using earlier versions?
  • Thanks for the quick response, Tom. It has never worked for me and I don't understand it. Indeed, among Quick reports there doesn't seem to be even a report that can tell me performance daily. The closest I can come is a custom report using "Investing Performance" and setting the interval to weekly. This works would be fine but for the fact that it annualizes the returns instead of just giving me the % return for the reporting period.

Ultimately, I'd like to get the Investing and Retirements table to work on the Investing tab as I'd like one quick and easy way to see how things are going day by day. :-(