Wrong Backup File Opens After Update

This discussion was created from comments split from: my quicken data reverted to an old one after signing in.

Comments

• :( When automatic updates arrive, a previous backup is brought up which does not include Bill Pay Manager. I have to pull the most recent backup that includes previous Bill Manager setup. It happens every time I allow Quicken to update. Any thoughts? Thank you.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    How, exactly, are you starting Quicken?
    By using the Q program icon on the Desktop or Start Menu?
    Or by double-clicking a Quicken data file by name from Windows File Explorer or a Desktop icon representing a file and not the program?
    Have you ever customized the Q program icon to point to a specific file or folder other than the one that you now wish to use?
    It appears to me as if you're always overriding a memorized default file name and thus and old file is selected.

Edit with Notepad or any other ASCII text editor the file
    "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config\QUSER.INI"
    or "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\config\QUSER.INI" for older Quicken versions. Replace "username" in the path with your Windows account name.

In this file you will find lines looking similar to these:

[RecentFiles]
    1=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\test
    2=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\UKR
    3=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\UKR2005-2006
    4=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\Ukr2004

The file numbered "1=" is the one which Quicken will start with by default, when started from the program icon. Is this the correct one? Or should there be another one in its place?

This discussion has been closed.