Unable to locate full account numbers

Options
I am running Quicken for Mac Deluxe 2020, Version 5.17.6.

I used to be able to go in thru "edit settings" to locate my full account number for any account - savings, credit card, etc. Now, even with downloads turned off I can't find anything but the last four digits of my account number. It seems unreasonable for me to have to go to every banking institution to locate my number.

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would say this is being done for security/privacy. And it appears to be being done by the bank, not Quicken. I say this because I find that some of my accounts still show the full number, while others show only the last four digits.

In any case, you can put the full account number in the Notes field of the account settings. That way, you will only have to go to the bank's website once to retrieve it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Excellent idea, thanks!

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would say this is being done for security/privacy. And it appears to be being done by the bank, not Quicken. I say this because I find that some of my accounts still show the full number, while others show only the last four digits.

In any case, you can put the full account number in the Notes field of the account settings. That way, you will only have to go to the bank's website once to retrieve it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Excellent idea, thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickO said:

You have this correct.  When Quicken connects to the financial institution it asks for certain information so that it has enough information to map an account in Quicken to the online account.   One piece of information it gets is the account number, but as you said some financial institutions don't send the full account number for security reasons, but that doesn't matter to Quicken.  The only reason it is requested at all is to have a "unique fingerprint" of the online account.  So as long as the information is unique, Quicken doesn't care.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.