additional download action -- accept all matched

xbranko
xbranko Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
For people who enter their transactions manually first and then download data from financial institutions, it would be really helpful to have one additional button/action, and that is accept all matched. This action would do exactly what the name suggests, accepts all transactions that were matched, leaving those that were not matched. That would help detect fraudulent unauthorized transactions, or those that we forgot to enter, or have entered incorrectly.
Tagged:
18 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea. Don't forget to vote for your own idea, @xbranko .

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• xbranko
    xbranko Member ✭✭
    Thanks @"Rocket J Squirrel" -- didn't know this was acceptable, and thanks for supporting this idea.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    This could be useful so I support it.  I currently accomplish much the same by reviewing and entering all unmatched transactions first.  Then you can use the Accept All button to accept any remaining matched transactions. Just a matter of sequence.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't care one way or another because I use automatic transaction entry mode instead, but it seems to me this is the same as a user going in and just hitting the Accept All button. As in they are assuming that Quicken is going to do the "right thing" automatically.

Yes, by manually entering your transactions you have categorized them, but there is more to it when you have a match.  There is also ensuring that Quicken has matched the correct transaction.  And when you are using the Downloaded Transactions tab the only way to ensure that is to go through each of the matched transactions.  And if you are going to do that then all you have to do is hit Enter on each one.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • xbranko
    xbranko Member ✭✭
    In my experience, in almost all cases, Quicken correctly matches my manually entered transactions. When it doesn't it has always been my fault. Either I incorrectly entered the values, or I didn't enter them in the first place. So once all matched transactions are taken care of, whatever remains I look at really carefully in case there is a transaction that I did not authorize. Quicken saved me a few times already!

As @jrich75 suggested it is possible to go through the unmatched transactions first, and then do the "accept all" for all matched, but if there are more than handful transactions, as soon as I manually match one unmatched, the cursor "jumps" to the top of the list where all matched transactions are, so either I have to manually accept each matched, or I have to scroll down again to where the unmatched transactions are, and continue there. So for me this would be a great time (and click) saving feature.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah back when I used the Downloaded Transactions tab I definitely did the matched first for the very reason that you said, the matched are pushed to the start and you can't stay on non matched ones without scrolling.

But my use case has always been different.  I don't pre-entry transactions with the exception of scheduled reminders and a few transfers.  So I never had a lot of matched to go through.

Frankly this idea has been posted before, and dropped off the radar, so there are "more votes" for this.  Maybe now that they have finally added the Deleting of multiple transactions to the Downloaded Transactions tab, this idea might get some more traction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • vanrana
    vanrana Member ✭✭
    When viewing downloaded transactions, I would like to accept all and only "matched" transactions. Thus any "new" would not be accepted. With this option.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What version of Quicken are you using? Window or Mac?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm guessing the OP is using Windows since there's no transaction acceptance process for Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s