Why am I prompted for my ID and Password each time I start Quicken?

I am using Version 29.12 Build 27.1.29.12. My OS is Windows 10

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hi @Joe Banton,

To fix tha you should reset your Quicken ID as follows:

1) In Quicken go to: "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) Next click on "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts";
    3) In the box on the right, click on "Sign in as a different user";
    4) In the box at the bottom of the screen, type "yes" and click "SignOut";
    5) Sign back in with your Quicken ID and Password.

That should do it.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Joe Banton
    Joe Banton Member ✭✭
    I tried your procedure and it did not work. I opened an old data file and it did not prompt for ID/Password. I went back and reloaded my current file and I believe it is working ok.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Joe Banton

I probably should have also told you to close and reopen Quicken for the change to take hold.  But switching files likely did that.  Or maybe your file just fixed itself...

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bboulet
    bboulet Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem in that the enter ID and password window opens, but remains blank so I can not enter the info. If I X out of it, Quicken locks up. I am using the windows subscription version. I'd give you more info, but cannot get in.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bboulet

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know if these steps work to correct the issue!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.