Quicken Mac 5.13.3

Ernesto
Ernesto Member ✭✭
My subscription ended in February. By mistake I have deleted the application, and I have only been able to recover version 5.12 from a backup. With that version I can't open my files.

How can I get version 5.13.3?

Thank you

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Unless you know somebody who has a copy of it, you likely will have to purchase a new subscription to open/update your file.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @John_in_NC  I thought Quicken has said you'll be able to re-install the latest version you were using. I've never been clear how this would work in practice. I think someone previously reported they could re-download the program, and they got the current latest version -- a mistake by Quicken, in the user's favor.

@Ernesto  Visit Quicken.com and log into your Quicken account (Sign In > My Account). It should show your lapsed subscription, but you should still have access to download the program in the Download Quicken secrtion. Try that and see if you can download Quicken Mac, and see what version it gives you. I suspect it might be 5.17.6, which is the latest verison in wide release.  Please psot back and let us know if you have success or not. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    On the Quicken page it allows me to download the program, but only the latest version.
  • jacobs
    @Ernesto  And is it a problem for you to use the latest version? It will open and update your older data file. You get a year of upgrades and enhancements at no charge.
  • Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Yes, it is a problem. I no longer use Quicken and need to view some data that has been exported wrong.
  • jacobs
    @Ernesto  I'm apparently still not understanding the problem. Quicken allows you to download the latest version of the program for free. That version will open your existing data file. You can view the data you want to view in your Quicken data file. What's the problem?
  • Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jacobs for your interest. I can safely download the app, but then a window pops up saying "Your Deluxe plan expired before this version of Quicken was released. Please renew your membership or install an older version of Quicken."

This is why I need version 5.13.3 which is the latest version before my subscription expiration date.

a greeting
  • jacobs
    @Ernesto  I've been able to verify it works as you report. This has been called to the attention of the folks at Quicken, and we're waiting to hear back from them after the weekend. It's currently unclear if they intend users who don't have a copy of their old app to be prevented from opening an old data file without purchasing and upgrade or whether this is a mistake. 
  • Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Thanks again

I hope it’s a mistake
This discussion has been closed.