Reconcile: Posting Date - Sort order

On the Reconcile screen, I cannot get the "Posting Date" column to sort properly. The blue arrow moves to the top of the column but the sort order defaults to the "Date" column sort order.
Is anyone else having this issue?
Is there a known fix for it?
Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Update: I called Quicken Support. They could not answer or fix this issue. They have not had anyone else report an issue like this.
    They did have me go to "File" - "File Operations" - "Validate and Repair" - and then "Validate file". This did not fix the issue.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is anyone else having this issue?"
    Yes, I'm seeing the same thing using R27.28.
    "Is there a known fix for it?"
    I've never sorted by either Date or Posting Date in that window so as far as I know this is the way it's always worked.  The two sort of "standard" answers here, I'd think, would be to validate the file:
    File > File Operations > Copy..., then using the copy, File > File Operations > Validate & Repair
    or remove and reinstall Quicken. 
    But unless you're experiencing other problems of some sort that might be corrected by those approaches, I'd be tempted to soldier on without that Posting Date ability.  Maybe somebody else who'd encountered this has a better answer

• It happened to me yesterday. When I logged on today, it updated to R29.12 Build 27.1.29.12 and it still does not work properly. When I called Support, they had me do the validate & repair thing to no avail. I'm thinking of reinstalling but have my doubts if it will work.
    Oh well.
    Maybe if more people check this feature and find it does not work for them and report it, hopefully Q will fix it?
    Thanks.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing this same sorting behavior on my up-to-date desktop (R28.24) as well as a laptop (R19.8) so it goes back a while.  However, I don't think I have ever used it, and therefore expect not to do so in the future.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• @Frankx

Thank you for checking this. I agree, most people will never use this function. I didn't for many years. I just recently found out about it myself.
    I am one of those older users that selects the "Use paper statement" function when I reconcile on Q. Fortunately, most of the time, if I entered everything correctly, it's a quick simple process and it balances seamlessly.

However, every once in a while I make a mistake in data entry and I have to go back and "clear all" during the reconcile process and then it is a pain-in-the-neck to check each transaction. This sort by "Posting Date" would make it sooooo much easier for my old eyes to find each transaction.

How can I inform Quicken of this programming error and trust that they will look into it? They obviously put it there just for people like me, but it doesn't function as intended. If I'm the only one reporting it, they will tend to overlook it. How can I get others with more clout than me to report it?

Thanks again.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @LongTimeQUser

I understand your point, and also agree that being able to sort by posting date would assist anyone who is trying to manually match a lot of transactions from a Quicken register to a bank statement.

There are a number of Quicken staff members who monitor this Community forum, so you can be confident that they will see your post and all the comments.  While that does not mean that Quicken will fix this issue in the short term, I am confident that this issue will be considered by Quicken staff as they determine how to apply their resources.

Take care,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• @Frankx ,

Thanks again for your comments.
    That does make me feel a little bit better.

Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.