Quicken Crashes (Shuts Down)

Options
I have Quicken Deluxe for Windows. I just upgraded (via download) from version 2016 to the subscription plan 3 days ago. I am currently running:
Year: 2020
Version: R29.12
Build: 27.1.29.12

Unfortunately, Quicken shuts down whenever I (left) click on my Mortgage account link (under the Property & Debt category). Right-click on the link works fine. One Step Update to my online mortgage account also works fine.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SoCalUser,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

If you haven't already, I would recommend validating the file.

This can be accomplished by going to File File Operations Copy. Make sure you do not choose Year End Copy for this procedure. Leave all settings default and hit OK. Once copy is complete, select Open New Copy.

In the New Copy, go to File File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file. If you have issues with Investment account(s) slowness or other data issues with an investment account, be sure to also select Rebuild Lots during this procedure.

After the Validation process is finished, review the Data_Log.txt for messages pertaining to the quality of your data and resolve any that are advised with instructions you should follow.

If you receive the message "Damaged data block" in the Data_Log after the Validation completes, the file is not repairable. We recommend restoring a backup from prior to the date listed on this message.

Feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SoCalUser,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

If you haven't already, I would recommend validating the file.

This can be accomplished by going to File File Operations Copy. Make sure you do not choose Year End Copy for this procedure. Leave all settings default and hit OK. Once copy is complete, select Open New Copy.

In the New Copy, go to File File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file. If you have issues with Investment account(s) slowness or other data issues with an investment account, be sure to also select Rebuild Lots during this procedure.

After the Validation process is finished, review the Data_Log.txt for messages pertaining to the quality of your data and resolve any that are advised with instructions you should follow.

If you receive the message "Damaged data block" in the Data_Log after the Validation completes, the file is not repairable. We recommend restoring a backup from prior to the date listed on this message.

Feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • SoCalUser
    Options
    Hello, Julio.

SUCCESS!!

I followed your detailed instructions, and received the following message in the data file: Quicken found a transaction with an invalid date and set it to today's date. "MORTGAGE# XX6600" 9/25/2020

My mortgage account is now working fine.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Best regards.
This discussion has been closed.