How can today's balance be different between the register and the 'scheduled' graph?

My register shows the correct balance for my savings account, and is reconciled with the bank balance. But when I go to the 'Scheduled' graph, the balance for today is different and incorrect (lower by about $840). Therefore, going forward, I'm not able to project future balances correctly. I don't understand how TODAY's balance cannot match between the register and the 'scheduled' graph.

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the graph in Bill and Income Reminders?  If so, is your savings account the only one selected?
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • > @Rich_M said:
    > Are you referring to the graph in Bill and Income Reminders?  If so, is your savings account the only one selected?

Yes and yes.
    (Note that the graph amount is LESS than the register amount, so it sort of can't be more than one account)
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    You may also have unentered reminders that may be affecting this balance.

If you have don't show reminders selected in the register you won't see them there.
  • Unfortunately, that solves nothing.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello @Ralph Basile

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

If this process does not correct the issue or return any additional details, I would next take a look at the ongoing discussion available here and see if this matches what you are experiencing.

Let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Ralph Basile
    Ralph Basile Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Validate & Repair did not find any errors in the file data.
    The problem of mismatched balances is still present.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have another suggestion for you to possibly solve this problem. Take a look at the calendar next to the graph in Bill and Income Reminders, if you don't see one, check show calendar so you do.

When you hover your mouse pointer over any of the highlighted dates, it will display the transactions and reminders that are affecting the balance on that day.

I would also take a look at the Calendar tool which also shows transactions and reminders that are affecting your balance and may give you further insights.
  • Ralph Basile
    Ralph Basile Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Thank you--While your suggestion didn't work as you'd suggested, it did help me look back through time to see when the two balances (i.e., register balance and the reminders balance) diverged. I discovered that in the current file (which starts on 1/1/19), the balances were consistently identical up to 1/14/20. On 1/15/20, and thereafter, they differ. But, note that the difference on 1/15/20 isn't the same difference as today--indicating that more than one difference accumulated to today's difference.

I'm certain that real time, those balances were the same up until a week or two ago, so something happened (i believe it's likely from a file validation suggested by Quicken tech support that removed some data 'error') to change the balance showing in the 'reminders' graph.

Whatever caused the divergence, there seems to be no way to correct the reminders graph balance either on 1/15/20 or today. It's frustrating, and means that there's no way for me to project correctly into the future.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confident that you will resolve this issue on your own.