Unwanted QuickFill

Options
I have Amazon set up as an annual scheduled transaction in Bills & Income for Amazon Prime. I do not have any QuickFill rules set up for Amazon (see first attachment).

When I create a new Amazon transaction, I type "am" and the default in the dropdown list comes up for the scheduled transaction (see second attachment). If I tab through without thinking, then the category and memo are added to the transaction. In order for this to not happen, I have to remember to arrow up and chose the match above.

I tested this for other scheduled transactions that do not have a QuickFill rule and found that this same behavior holds for all of them. It seems to me that when I type in a memorized payee that does not have a QuickFill rule, but happens to have a scheduled transaction, it should not default to the scheduled transaction. I think that it should just default to the memorized payee without any category or memo.

Am I misunderstanding how QuickFill works or should Quicken work differently?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @John_M
    Thank you for posting about your concern. From what you have described, it seems as though reviewing/resetting the auto-complete would be of benefit to you. It seems like you should be able to adjust a little bit to get to your desired outcome.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As they say on the Guinness commercials – Brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.