Quicken trying to re-add bank accounts that already exist

Options
Quicken seems to have suddenly lost it's connection to San Diego County Credit Union. It wants to add it as a new account. I was successful in re-linking our personal accounts with SDCCU but not the business account (separate number). When working the business account I get the something went wrong and it's not your fault error every time.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Marketing Guru

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

I would first recommend waiting 24 hours to see if this issue resolves itself.

If you have already, waited for 24 hours you will need to contact support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Marketing Guru
    Options
    Nope. It hasn't resolved itself. I even tried deactivating and re-adding the accounts in question. It found them, gave me the proper Link To options and then ends up just showing me a blank Add Account screen. If I hit the X to close that window, it asks if I'm sure I want to Cancel. I click Yes.

So then it seems likes it's added the accounts successfully (online balance is correct), but then it ONCE AGAIN opens up the Add Account screen. I have to hit the X on it too.

I can't have Quicken trying to re-add accounts that are already working every time I do a One Step Update. It's getting old.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Marketing Guru

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we'd be able to get some more information through a test file here. It'd help us determine if the issue is server related or file related. I'll leave steps down below on how to test this.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. Let us know the results and we'll see what our next best step is.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Marketing Guru
    Options
    OK, I wasn't prompted to create a Quicken ID. I rejected syncing (Mobile). Created the new test.QDF file. Added the SDCCU business account and Quicken added the two business banking accounts from SDCCU just fine. It did NOT prompt me to add them again.

Should I run a validate or super validate on my actual Quicken data file?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Marketing Guru

Thank you for your response and for letting us know the results of the test. As this works as expected in a test file, this does isolate the issue to the original file.

If you have not done so already, I would go ahead and move forward with a super validate.

To do so, please hold CONTROL + SHIFT  and navigate to File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

If the trouble persists after completing this step, I would reach out to support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Marketing Guru
    Options
    Super Validate didn't turn up anything significant (category issue and a transaction in a different bank account). The problem persists. Each time I update this particular account, it gives me the Add new account dialog. If I put the account ID and password in, it basically comes up with "yes they are already there." See screenshot.
This discussion has been closed.