Quicken putting transactions in the wrong account - USBank

I have cleaned / repaired my file. I have disconnected all USBank accounts and closed my file and repaired it after reopening. I have reconnected by USBank accounts after deactivating them and Quicken still keeps downloading transactions from one account to another one. This has been going on for about 3-4 months.

Best Answer

• theblantons
    theblantons Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I followed what another person posted about an issue I had with categorizing transactions. So I went back to an older file and did the following:

Edit -> Preferences -> Transfer detection, make sure that at least "Confirm" is selected or turn it off.

I also went into all my usbank accounts and put the full account number, since it appears my accounts just had the last 4 digits...just to make sure this isn't the cause.

In the old file, while updating, looks like these or one of them appears to have resolved the issue.

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is your current Quicken program & version?  Also, what connection method do you use for US Bank and what types of accounts are involved? There are a variety of ways US Bank can be set up for download.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @theblantons,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem you've been having with US Bank. If you have already taken many troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would suggest contacting Quicken Support.

Support agent may need to review logs and provide further assistance. The issue may need to be escalated and may not have an immediate resolution.
    Best,
    JV
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    "I have reconnected by USBank accounts after deactivating them and Quicken still keeps downloading transactions from one account to another one."
    When you deactivate all downloading from a Financial Institution (FI) and re-activate Accounts at that FI, Quicken finds all the accounts at the FI associated with the User ID and password you've used.  You are then invited to associate that particular Quicken Account you're re-activating with one of all the accounts Quicken has found at that FI.  You do that by determining which of the multiple accounts Quicken has found that pertains to the Quicken Account you are re-activating, and then "Link" the two, using the drop-down menu next to each account at the FI.
    Are you saying you've done exactly that, properly linking each Quicken Account to the correct account at the FI, but downloads are going to the wrong Account(s) in Quicken?  Are transactions from two different accounts at the FI both appearing in one Quicken Account, with some of the transactions being "correct" for the Account, and other transactions incorrect?
    Since Quicken is simply taking information from the FI and then dropping those transactions into the correct Account as specified by the FI, one logical explanation for what you're seeing is that information in the OFX log provided by the FI is in error, though I wouldn't really expect that.
  • theblantons
    theblantons Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I followed what another person posted about an issue I had with categorizing transactions. So I went back to an older file and did the following:

Edit -> Preferences -> Transfer detection, make sure that at least "Confirm" is selected or turn it off.

I also went into all my usbank accounts and put the full account number, since it appears my accounts just had the last 4 digits...just to make sure this isn't the cause.

In the old file, while updating, looks like these or one of them appears to have resolved the issue.
This discussion has been closed.