How do I get rid of the graph on the Net Worth Report?

The graph just takes up room, and is useless as it only shows net worth, and not what goes into it. Q2007 report showed investments, liabilities and assets and the total. This single line is pointless.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    The Net Worth report does not have a graph. Only a few old reports -- like the Net Worth Over Time report you're probably using -- which are carry overs from the 2010-era Quciken Essentials, have graphs. These six old reports, (under Reports > Quicken Reports > Other Reports) have sold graph icons and are being phased out.

Click on Reports. Under Quicken Reports, click on Net Worth. There, any of the first four repoprts -- including the simple "Net Worth" -- use the "new" reports engine and interface, and do not have graphs. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    The Net Worth report does not have a graph. Only a few old reports -- like the Net Worth Over Time report you're probably using -- which are carry overs from the 2010-era Quciken Essentials, have graphs. These six old reports, (under Reports > Quicken Reports > Other Reports) have sold graph icons and are being phased out.

Click on Reports. Under Quicken Reports, click on Net Worth. There, any of the first four repoprts -- including the simple "Net Worth" -- use the "new" reports engine and interface, and do not have graphs. 

• jacobs
    Click on Reports. Under Quicken Reports, click on Net Worth. There you're see Net Worth (as of one date), and Net Worth by Month, Net Worth by Quarter and Net Worth by Year. 
  • jacobs
    I don't know that you can… and I don't think I understand the concept of what you're trying to achieve. Net Worth is a balance sheet-type report which shows the value of accounts as of one or more dates. I don't understand limiting Categories or Payees to figure net worth. How could you have a report shows the value of your checking account as of September 30… while removing some Categories or Payees? Perhaps you could explain what it is you're trying to accomplish un a report.
  • jacobs
    This is not Quicken 2007. ;) There are hundreds of differences. Some are better. Some are worse. Some are neither better nor worse, just different. 

No, you can't get graphs at all in Quicken Mac reports (except the old ones which can't be customized much and whcih are being phased out of the program).

You can export reports to .csv files and open them in Excel or Numbers for graphing.

You can visit this Idea thread to cast your vote for graph options with reports. (To vote for ideas in this forum, locate the large blue box under the first post in an Idea thread and click on the little gray arrow under the vote count to increment the counter by one.) You can see that this topic doesn't have a large number of votes at this time. That doesn't mean it isn't on the developers' list of things to work on; idea votes sometimes impact how the prioritize things amoung the hundreds of user requests for features. 

See my reply to your other post about Catrgorie sand Payees in Net Worth reports.
  • jacobs
    You asked how to get Net Worth by month, quarter or year. Those reports do all exist, so I'm not sure what's "not fixed"?
  • jacobs
    First, in the case of administering an estate, you probably don't want to co-mingle funds. So there are two ways Quicken users deal with that. One is to mark the estate accounts as "separate". Probably a better way is to have your estate accounts in a separate Qucken file.

In any case, I still don't understand the concept of a Net Worth report with selected cateogories and Payees. Net Worth is a snapshot in time of the value of an account. I unerstand that you might need to see income or expenses for tax purposes, but those are income statement-type reports that Quicken provides with transaction reports, where you can be as specific as you need with selecting Accounts, Categories and Payees. Net Worth (or balance sheet) in Quicken is the amount of money in a real-world account -- a checking account, credit card account, brokerage account, loan account, etc. -- as of a certain date. It just doesn't make sense to select certain Categories or PAyees and refer to Net Worth. I think there are likely other reports to get what you need; could you give an example of something you're trying to track and get out in such a report?
This discussion has been closed.