Mutual fund hasn't updated since 2017

JDPINC
JDPINC Member ✭✭
This has been an extreme backburner issue which I'd like to see if I can get resolved. My mutual fund shows the correct current number of shares and price in the security detail view. However, the chart hasn't been updated since October, 2017.

Clicking the 'Update' button does nothing to the chart. The chart acts normally until then the price history drops to 0, and the market value drops to 0, then slowly rises.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• JDPINC
    JDPINC Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Issue resolved. In the detail view, My Holdings was correct and the transaction history was correct. However, Quicken 'lost' the Symbol, so it would not update the chart. I'm not sure how it had the value correct without the Symbol.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well the chart shouldn't act that way, but it seems like the workaround would be to go into the price history and delete any zero price entries.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... are you downloading transactions from the brokerage via One Step Update ?
    If so, then looking at the Security Detail -
    it should display any and all activity like end of year.
    Next - the pricing, quotes, and graph...
    This data comes from a Quicken outsourced provider.
    Look at the Price History - and what does it show....
    Are you still requesting and receiving Quotes ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JDPINC
    JDPINC Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Issue resolved. In the detail view, My Holdings was correct and the transaction history was correct. However, Quicken 'lost' the Symbol, so it would not update the chart. I'm not sure how it had the value correct without the Symbol.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how it had the value correct without the Symbol.
    FYI:  Prices come from two basic online sources.  From Quicken's servers is dependent on the ticker symbol.  Those prices will include daily hi, lo and volume date.  From your financial institution depends only on you having matched their reported security to a Quicken security (name and symbol are not required to match).  Those prices will not include hi, lo, and volume data.

This discussion has been closed.