Report from current account

How do I get a report (any report) from the current account I am working with? I seem to have to constantly go to customize and unselect all the reselect what I want. Surely there has to be a short cut.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In an account register, you can get a report of that register by selecting File > Print. If you filter by a date range or other filter constraints, this can be a useful way to quickly generate a report.

But if you're using reports from the Reports menu, you can easily control whether they report on all accounts, some accounts or only one account. Select your report, and click Customize, Accounts, Selected Accounts, Clear All, check the account you want, OK. If it's a report you'll re-use, you can save it and name it so it's available at the touch of a single button in the future.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    "But if you're using reports from the Reports menu, you can easily control whether they report on all accounts, some accounts or only one account. Select your report, and click Customize, Accounts, Selected Accounts, Clear All, check the account you want, OK. If it's a report you'll re-use, you can save it and name it so it's available at the touch of a single button in the future."

Thanks for that but I guess that means the answer is no. I should be able to just get a report from the account that I am on without having to do four things- 1) Customize, 2) Accounts, Selected Accounts, 3) Clear All, 4) check the account you want. The faster thing would be to control-click or option-click from the account in the menu and have it open up the reports page. Then all I have to do is choose the categories. And no this is not a report I want to save but I do understand I can do that.

I continue to feel like I am rolling a MAC boulder up a bumpy PC hill.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Leslie, I understand your point of view. I guess I find the 5 seconds it takes to make the few quick clicks not to be a problem, especially for a one-time use report. SInce you've submitted it as a separate Idea thread for voting, we'll see over some time if other Quicken Mac users agree with you and vote for a shortcut to single-account reports.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I guess I am also a bit frustrated having to recreate every one of my reports that I normally use (and painstakingly created over years of using Q2007) during tax time for my accountant. The single use reports are very helpful in figuring out whether I categorized things properly. So being able to skip those extra steps steps is a time saver.
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    The other workaround I did find is to just leave the report open and select what I want when I need to change the account(s) or categoy
This discussion has been closed.