Send Online Payment Option Not showing

Options

I have used Direct Connect in the past and was able to both download and make payments directly with bank WITHOUT a TP bill payment service. I've never used Bill Manager. I recently lost my bank connection and tried to reconnect accounts via Direct Connect and couldn't for a day.  Using Quicken for Windows 2020 R29.16. Today the situation has changed. I am reconnected to First Horizon Bank via Direct Connect, and though Online Bill Payment shows as Activated, I do not have the option to Send Online Payment in my Register. How can I restore that option? All my previous Online Payees are in my Payee List, but inactive in some way.

Comments

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two suggestions.  Make sure that First Horizon shows as the FI at the top of your Online Payee List.  Also, go to Tools, Account List and verify that your First Horizon checking account shows as set up for Online Billpay.  

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• scottfmc
    scottfmc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point neither Quicken nor the bank will accept any responsibility for the issues. All they want to do is point fingers at each other. 

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe this will help ...

Set up new Quicken Bill Manager

https://www.quicken.com/support/paying-bills#windows

If not, please contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and let them do a screen share session with you, to review the situation and figure out a solution.

Note: Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat to function

• scottfmc
    scottfmc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did that. Exactly that. Quicken is blaming the bank. The bank is blaming Quicken. I'm the silly End-User with no ability to identify the problem or solve it, and no one at either company is interested enough for them to contact each other and discuss it. 

• scottfmc
    scottfmc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    jrich75 said:
    Two suggestions.  Make sure that First Horizon shows as the FI at the top of your Online Payee List.  Also, go to Tools, Account List and verify that your First Horizon checking account shows as set up for Online Billpay.  
    The Bank does not show as the FI at the top of that list, and it is set-up for Online Billpay (shows Deactivate Option). That's the problem. The software thinks it is ready to rock, but other parts of it say no. Oddly I CAN process an Online Transfer. Just not payments. 
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scottfmc said:
    The Bank does not show as the FI at the top of that list, and it is set-up for Online Billpay (shows Deactivate Option). That's the problem. The software thinks it is ready to rock, but other parts of it say no. Oddly I CAN process an Online Transfer. Just not payments. 
    Does First Horizon appear as a option in the FI dropdown list for Online Payees?  If so, selecting it may allow payment from the list.  If the only option is Show All Online Payees, then that's the old list from Quicken BIllPay and there is no Pay ability.  I hadn't seen your previous post when I replied to this one.  Has there been anything additional regarding the server problem you mention there?

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• scottfmc
    scottfmc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No, no one seems to have any information for me at all now. So at present Account Detail thinks Billpay is enabled, but Online Center does not. The only thing anyone at Quicken wants to offer so far is to say try Bill Manager. 
  • scottfmc
    scottfmc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    And suddenly it is working........I give up....thank the fates....
This discussion has been closed.