Report line details

Is there any way to combine all charges and credits for a particular account into one list versus split i9nto To and From?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the selected account register press CTRL-P (or select File / Print [Account Name here] or click the Actions gear icon then select Print transactions)
    Or, from the Reports Menu select Banking, Transaction. Pull up the resulting report, customize it to select only the desired Account.
    If neither of those gives you what you want, please provide more details. Which report are you currently trying to use?
  • Jeff Harper
    Jeff Harper Member ✭✭
    I am usually running the Report Spending: Income and Expense by Category. The report comes up with two lines for every account that has both debits and credits. To get a complete accounting for the activity in these accounts, you need to drill into the To/From individually. I would prefer that there only be one line per account that contained all the debits and credits.
  • Jeff Harper
    Jeff Harper Member ✭✭
    More correctly I should be saying line by category and that I would prefer that each category contain all the debits and credits
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I look at the Income and Expense by Category report, the Income section has Income categories and the Expenses section has Expense categories. Each Category only appears in one section and the amount next to the category is the net for that category.

If I double click on the amount, I see the details, with both debits and credits for that category, with the inflows and outflows totaled at the bottom

Are you seeing something different, and/or what exactly would you like to see?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeff Harper
    Jeff Harper Member ✭✭
    Yes, I am seeing something different. However I am wondering if it is because the lines that I am looking at are actually another account versus a category. For example, I have set up an asset to represent our summer home, If I post a charge to this category and then subsequently post a credit, they show up as different lines in the report with one being a TO and the other a FROM. Does this make sense?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I can think of that might cause this would be if you have set up both income and expense categories with the same names. In general you don't want to do that.

For example I have an expense category "Bank fees" and these are often refunded. Quicken records the refund as a negative expense in the Bank Fees category and all the related transactions are in the Expenses section of the report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeff Harper
    Jeff Harper Member ✭✭
    I see the same thing that you do in the expense accounts. All transactions appear in the same line of the report. I am guessing that where the account charged is an asset, it treats it as an internal transfer and separates the charges and credits.
This discussion has been closed.