Portfolio View Graph errors and Account Type changes with v5.18.2 Release

kake
kake Member ✭✭
I noticed after the update that the "Investing" (and specific account) portfolio graphs are totally distorted with a really extreme and unrealistic number of peaks and valleys. This is especially noticeable in the "YTD" and "1yr" views. The update also randomly changed 4 of my retirement accounts to brokerage accounts.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Hopefully the Quicken team is aware and is fixing.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kake

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

First, please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and confirm the release that you are currently running.

Next, I would recommend restoring a backup from before the update to see if doing so resolves these issues.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know if the trouble persists after restoring a backup.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • kake
    kake Member ✭✭
    Tyka, thanks for the quick follow up. The version I’m using is the one I mentioned in the discussion description. 5.18.2. Question though, if I restore to a prior version I’d have to rebuild all transactions, correct? If so it doesn’t make sense for me to do since my transactions and balances are correct. It’s just the graphical presentation is messed up. See attached snapshot that illustrates the issue.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kake, have you examined the securities price history for your investments.

The graph you attached shows a peak once a week. Based on my own experience, I suspect the Friday price for one or more securities is 10x the real price as reported on the other 4 days.

As to what causes the error in the securities price ...
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.