"Quick pay payments not available for this bill" message.

I have successfully added other Quick Pay billers and have successfully paid bills the past month. This is a water bill that comes every two months so I am setting this one up now. The biller shows up fine in the list with its icon and next payment amount due. However when clicking Quick Pay button it gives the popup message. I added this biller like the others using the plus icon and searching for them. They were added fine showing the correct acct number. So why am I getting this now?

Quicken did recently update to R29.20 (Quick Premier 2020). I paid all other bills recently and successfully with Quick Pay.

I talked to support (web chat) which did not help. I have a ticket and will talk to Quicken Support (next tier I assume) this week. I have no illusions that I am actually going to get this solved. Of course they will have me Validate and Super Validate because that make quicken support feel like they are doing something. So I am reaching out here to see if anybody else encountered this and if it was fixed what was the solution.

EDIT: I should add that the bill shows as "Due soon" and gives the correct date when the bill is actually due. Could the Due Soon be the reason for this message? That doesn't make sense to me given the message text though but thought I'd add that other detail.

-Steve

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not all Online Billers support Quick Pay.   Are you able to sign-in to the Online Biller's web site and issue a payment using their online payment service?
  • Steve Jones
    Steve Jones Member ✭✭
    I can log in and they do have online bill pay on their web. I have not paid using their online bill pay though. It could be that they do not accept Quick Pay but there are no indications of this. It would be good to understand what the Quicken Quick Pay software is using to issue this message. I can't even call it an error message because it is not indicated as an error, just an informational one.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can log in and they do have online bill pay on their web. I have not paid using their online bill pay though. It could be that they do not accept Quick Pay but there are no indications of this. It would be good to understand what the Quicken Quick Pay software is using to issue this message. I can't even call it an error message because it is not indicated as an error, just an informational one.
    Quicken Support should be able to to confirm whether a specific Online Biller allows Quicken's third-party service provider to use their payment service but the message provided seems to make that clear.
  • Steve Jones
    Steve Jones Member ✭✭
    We'll see. If that turns out to be the case, where the third-party does not, in fact, support Quickens new bill pay then Quicken should change their Biller connection software to let the user know this up front during that process not with an obsure informational message after the fact. They apparently have all the information they need in order to deny the transaction and display the useless message. In fact all indications are that this biller was successfully added and that they accept Quick Pay payments as I said before. Another miss on Quicken's part. We have had plenty of these misses since the IP takeover a few years back. That being said I do like Quick Pay as it debits my account immediately. I still use Check Pay for a couple other bills that do not take online payments.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    We'll see. If that turns out to be the case, where the third-party does not, in fact, support Quickens new bill pay then Quicken should change their Biller connection software to let the user know this up front during that process not with an obsure informational message after the fact. They apparently have all the information they need in order to deny the transaction and display the useless message. In fact all indications are that this biller was successfully added and that they accept Quick Pay payments as I said before. Another miss on Quicken's part. We have had plenty of these misses since the IP takeover a few years back. That being said I do like Quick Pay as it debits my account immediately. I still use Check Pay for a couple other bills that do not take online payments.
    And, if the Online Biller subsequently allows the third-party provider to issue the online payments or subsequently drops the functionality?  I suppose it may be interesting to have Quicken monitor the ability to use Quick Pay to pay every Online Bill.  One might also argue it's simpler to inform us when we actually attempt to pay the Online Bill with Quick Pay so we can make other arrangements.  I have no idea how frequently the functionality of the supported Online Billers may change.
  • Steve Jones
    Steve Jones Member ✭✭
    Since I already have contacted support my primary reason for posting here was to find others who experienced the same issue and resolved it. I appreciate your input however. Whatever the requirements were for this feature I believe they fall short of completing successful operation for the user. There are conflicting messages in the software.
This discussion has been closed.