How can I bulk edit "Type" in Investment transactions?

TomJF
TomJF Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Investing (Mac)
I have several hundred investment transactions that I have mis-Typed as "Dividend". I would like to correct the Type of them all to "Return of Capital". I sure would appreciate any help!

Thanks Tom

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to provide Windows or Mac first.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• TomJF
    TomJF Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry. I using Quicken for Mac
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TomJF

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I believe you're trying to change the category from the sounds of it on the transactions.

The easiest way to mass change transactions would be to select the first transaction in the list you're looking to change. Scroll down to the very last transaction and hold Shift on your keyboard then click on the last transaction. This should have everything in-between now highlighted. Next you'll want to hold Control and click anywhere in the blue. From here select edit transactions. You'll want to select category and type in the correct one. Once you've finished you should be able to click ok to have them all changed at once

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• TomJF
    TomJF Member ✭✭✭
    This response (from Francisco) is irrelevant. I also received a response from Quicken Anja that for some reason did not show up here. I have attached her response below with my thanks.

Tomjf
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be easier if not for Yet Another Quicken Bug, this one in the Find function in investment accounts.
    If you click the Find link next to the little magnifying glass in an investment register, you get the Find dialog. You can say find Action Exact Div, then Find All and get a list of Div transactions.
    According to the wording in the search results, you should be able to select multiple transactions and edit them. But the search results dialog is broken and you cannot select even a single transaction, leaving the Edit Transactions button permanently disabled.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• TomJF
    TomJF Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Rocky but I am using Quicken for Mac and QM 2007. I started in 1984 and never came over to "The Dark Side"

Tom
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it makes you feel any better, you can't accomplish this on a PC, either. :(

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.