Questions about invoices

Sue
Sue Member ✭✭✭
Hello, The problem: I was about to make a full payment (lets say $200.00) I just receive for an invoice, but when I was about to apply the payment it showed a small amount ($40.00) in the "Balance Due" catagory as though a partial payment was made. I checked all my other invoices and the "difference" ($160.00, between the amount of the invoice and the Balance Due) is nowhere! I have not made a payment to this invoice. The only place this appears is in the payment window that shows the invoice is only the $40.00. When I display the Customer Invoice list, it shows the invoice PAID! How do I correct this?

Also, it's been sometime, however, I used to be able to track what payment is made to which invoice. I can't seem to do that anymore. I have a customer that I invoice the same amount several times a month. When I take a payment I have to be very careful which invoice I apply it to to keep track of which ones were paid. Did this ability just go away or is it done a way I am not aware of? Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sue
    Sue Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your time, I did a process of elimination and with a unpaid invoice report compared to a find report and pulling up the payments, I finally found what I was looking for. I appreciate your guidance and did you find out if I click onto an invoice whether there is a link back to t he payment?
  • Sue
    Sue Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Francisco, Thank you! Sorry reread your comment and found the Payment History on the invoice! YAY!! Thank you!! That helps greatly!!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Sue

Glad to here that you were able to get it all sorted out! If you do run into any other questions please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.