Why don’t all my Bill Reminders Display ?

I've noticed in my Bill Reminders(all bills & deposits tap) all the bills don't show up . As you can see it doesn't include January and February Bills. In the calendar there are upcoming bills posted.  

Now if I  go to the Monthly Bills and Deposits Tab, they all show up.

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The "All Bills and Deposits" view you're looking at only shows the next iteration of each Scheduled Reminder. It does not show future iterations. For example, DWP is next due 11/11 and that's what "All Bills ..." shows.
    If you switch to the monthly view, then, of course, future iterations like DWP on 1/11 will show in the January view.
    To see the impact of all iterations of all your reminders on your future account balances, please take a look at the Bills and Income / Projected Balances view.
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Ahhhh, Now that even makes more sense... :)
    You must have been reading my mind because I was questioning that to myself.

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @fun1000000 Yes, The All Bills & Deposit tab list only shows the next Upcoming Reminders, it does not project beyond that.

However, the Monthly Bills & Deposit tab list does project reminders that recur in the future, so a monthly bill will be listed as you scroll forward through the months.

The bills you're looking for are Upcoming for November, the date will be advanced to December when you pay them and enter them in the register, but not beyond that on the tab you're looking at.

The graph and calendar at the bottom of the tab does project reminders going forward.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    That's what I first thought, but as you can see in this new image I have the calendar set on October 2020, and it does display into the future some reminders in March, May, June, July, Sept all in 2021, skipping  January, February, April and August of 2021 where there are bills posted. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. Am I missing something here ? It's not a real big deal, at least I can see all on the monthly Bills & Deposits. It just has me curious.

• fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Got it ! Makes sense now
    Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The "All Bills and Deposits" view you're looking at only shows the next iteration of each Scheduled Reminder. It does not show future iterations. For example, DWP is next due 11/11 and that's what "All Bills ..." shows.
    If you switch to the monthly view, then, of course, future iterations like DWP on 1/11 will show in the January view.
    To see the impact of all iterations of all your reminders on your future account balances, please take a look at the Bills and Income / Projected Balances view.
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Ahhhh, Now that even makes more sense... :)
    You must have been reading my mind because I was questioning that to myself.

• fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Amazing, I never clicked on the Bills & Income Tab. I always just clicked on Manage Bills & Income at the bottom of the register. Projected Balances shows just what I want to see. It’s a whole new world. LOL
    Thanks for the reference.
This discussion has been closed.