Selecting an Online Payee for a Loan Reminder

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cannot add online payee because it already exists.

Comments

• jdanderson54
    jdanderson54 Member ✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem. I recently added a new loan to Quicken. When it asked me to set up the Bill Reminder, I wanted to select an existing Online Payee. The Bill Reminder setup window does not allow you to select an existing Online Payee. If you enter or select the existing payee in the Online Payee Setup window, the "Online Payee Exists" error window appears. Following the instructions on the error window gets back to the Bill Reminder window, but clicking Done just brings up the Online Payee entry window. Selecting the existing Payee in the Online Payee entry window, gets me back to the error window. I don't want to have multiple Online Payees for the same recipient. :/
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jdanderson54

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Are you then able to select the payee that you would use after completing this process?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.