Student Loan Balances go to Zero when I update my checking account.

For some reason, when I down load transaction data for my checking account my student loan balances drop to zero. I've had to reenter the data multiply times now and it is getting really annoying because my student loans are at a different bank than my checking account.

Any one else have these issues?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @drunyan0824

Can you tell us which versions of both Quicken and Windows you are running?

Also, how long have you been seeing these issues (i.e. student loan account balances changing to zero balances)? Are the loan accounts setup for download in Quicken, or are they manual loans?

In the registers for these accounts - are there downloaded transactions that have appeared which reduce the loan balances, or any other new entries?  Or, does all information that had been in the register disappear?  Can you describe the new entries (if there are any)?

Any additional information will help us to help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I am running Windows 10 and my version of quicken isR29.22

I set the loans up using the add account wizard in Quicken, but I was not downloading transactions or evening seeing transactions on my student loan accounts. My student loan accounts are held by navient and when I do an automatic update, I only download transaction data from my credit union. As far as I can tell, I am not going to Navient's website to download transactions. Which according navient, all of my loans have zero balance because my loan have been put into emergency forbearance.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @drunyan0824,

Thanks for the additional information.

I, too, am confused.  I don't understand how your student loans could have been reduced to zero balances, when: a) you are not downloading transactions for those loan accounts, and b) you have not entered manual transactions that changed those balances.  But I am also confused when you say "Which according navient, all of my loans have zero balance", and I know that Navient loans have "connectivity" with Quicken.

So I would like you to do the following to hopefully clear this up - please open up your student loan account in Quicken and click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right hand corner > then select "Edit account details" > then select the "Online Services" tab > then please tell me what it indicates in the "Online setup" section.

Please get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.