Problem with Bill Manager

Options
The screen that tells you how many checks you have left in Bill Manager says the numbers get replenished on the 21st of the month. I held some payments up waiting to get new checks and after a hassle, buying more checks, and over an hour on the phone with Quicken Help, I was told the message is not right and that checks are replenished at end of month. What is right?

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Dennis6@ ,
    Thank you for posting about your concern.

For an exact answer to your particular situation, please see this article, and in particular, the section "When does my payment allotment reset?".
  • Dennis6@
    Dennis6@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hugh -
    Thanks for the reply but now I am upset. Here is more background: I am a Home and Business user that was a Bill Pay user so I had 6 free Check Pay checks per month. I ran out of Check Pay checks and waited until the 21st (my billing date) which is the date on the message I got when looking at the availability screen.

Availability did not reset on the 21st and I had to pay bills so I subscribed to 15 + 15 at the recommendation of the Quicken help guy I was talking to about why the number did not reset (I still don't know why).

When I got the new allotment I only got 9 more checks. Apparently, Quicken subtracted the 6 free checks I had already used prior to the 21st. I called back and was told to wait a few days and see what happens and was given case # 8047274 and to call back if nothing happened.

Nothing happened so I called back and spent an hour and 11 minutes on the phone and uploaded several logs. The help guy said he was fixing the problem but then we got cut off. The help guy did not call me back so I called myself and got another person.

This person said the number of checks would renew at the end of the month and the subtraction was correct. I now know from you and the info you directed me to that the reset is actually on my billing date as I originally thought and the last help guy was wrong and just blew me off.

Bottom line, I have been shorted 6 checks and would like them back seeing as how I have already paid for them. I also don't appreciate the last help guy's being wrong and basically blowing me off.

All this fits within an overarching concern that I never had to pay for the number of checks I use per month with Bill Pay because I am a Home and Business user. The 6 checks I am asking for is insignificant in terms of the cost to me but it is the principle and my dissatisfaction that makes me want some positive reaction from Quicken. Thanks.
    Dennis
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Dennis6@

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.