Monthly Bill Reminders Glitch

Greetings!

I have been using Quicken for about 5 years now, so I am quite comfortable using it's features. One of my favorites, is the ability to enter bill and income reminders, and see the projected upcoming balances.

Here is the problem that I started having a couple of months ago. I have three bills that are glitching, always the same three bills. They are due on the 9th, 19th, and 20th of each month.

When I pay any of my bills, I click on 'enter in register'. The reminder disappears for the first occurrence, but continues to show for subsequent months. However, for these three bills, the reminder disappears for the first occurrence, without being entered into the register.

I have tried several fixes.

1) I have validated my data file. No errors reported, but no change in behavior either.

2) I have tried to edit this occurrence and all future occurrence to set the start date to the current month, in this case Nov. It works for awhile, but after several logins to the program, the 1st occurrence (Nov. in this case) disappears. The bill reminders still show for Dec. on, but not for Nov.

3) I also tried to delete the three bills in questions in case there was some sort of weird data glitch and then renter them anew. The same problem keeps occurring.

Any suggestions? I have been on chat with customer support several times, but no luck. I am going to try to call support on Monday morning and see if that helps.

I have about 30 bill and income reminders. I don't have any issues with the others, just these specific three.

Thanks for your help!

Tim Moran

Comments

• morant62
    morant62 Member ✭✭
    Update: I just had my bi-weekly paycheck reminder do the same thing as the three bills. The reminders simply skipped the next income reminder. This happened Quicken was still running on my computer.

Thanks!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @morant62

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Please go into the One Step Update Settings and see if you have the option to "Sync to the Quicken Cloud" checked.

If this is checked, please uncheck this option and see if this stops the reminder from skipping.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • morant62
    morant62 Member ✭✭
    Good Morning!

Yes, the option was checked, so I've unchecked it. I'll have to use it for a little while to see if the issue is corrected.

Thanks for your help!
  • I am having the exact same issue and it's been awful! I'm testing turning off the cloud sync that Quicken suggested above in your thread. I want to follow your thread until I confirm if this fix works AND to find out how we'll be able to use their sync features along with having the program work properly like it used to.
  • morant62
    morant62 Member ✭✭
    Dear Quicken Tyka:

I did as you suggested, and it seems to have solved my problem. I haven't had the same issue in over a week now.

Thank you very much!
  • Al
    Al Member
    I've had the same issue as above with bill reminders randomly missing. I have supervalidated ,I have OSU sync turned off. I am a long time user and this problem has been randomly happening for at least the past month or so. There is a glitch w/in the Quicken program. Lastly,I am on the latest update R30.14
    There are numerous people who have noticed this over the past few months which to me points to a problem with the Quicken program. This should have priority to be fixed since it is bad to miss a payment becuase the reminder disappeared.
    thanks,

Al
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you continue to experience this issue.

If you have not done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue. Please include the logs as well as a sanitized data file if you are comfortable doing so.

In the meantime, I would next disable sync altogether and see if this prevents reminders from skipping.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. If the Sync showed ON please toggle the sync to OFF

Please let us know the results or if you still experience skipped reminders.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.