Deleting a "Sent" transaction from your Quicken register

Options
I ran into an issue today regarding a recurring transaction from my online banking account that was deleted, but Quicken register still showed it as being "sent". Quicken will not allow you to simply delete the transaction. The message states in order to do this the transaction must be first canceled, which I did on my online banking side.

I was unable to find anything on the issue in the community so I turned to chat support from Intuit. Tech support was able to come up with a solution that was not documented anywhere except in some internal documents that he had access to.

In order to delete the transaction one must: From your register press and hold Option on the keyboard, then click one of these transactions and choose Delete. The alert will be: "Delete Bill Pay Transaction---Deleting this transaction does not cancel the bill payment or transfer. Check with your financial institution to determine if it has been received before doing this."

At this point you will be able to delete the "sent" item.

Hope this proves useful to all.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @jjocarbone  Thank for taking time to document the solution you found to this issue. Just FYI, Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit; it became an independent company more than four years ago.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jjocarbone
    jjocarbone Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification.
This discussion has been closed.