Add Asset Class to Available Columns

Would be nice to add Asset Class to the Available Columns when customizing Current View under the Investing tab.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that the Asset Class in Portfolio views is limited because a security can only have one asset class. This works OK for individual stocks, bonds, and cash, but not so much for a "Total Stock Market" or Target Retirement mutual fund. 

If you hold any of this type of security, it is better to define the asset mixture and use the Asset Allocation report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    Jim, Thanks for your comment and I understand your position. I have several investment accounts for different purposes. One of those accounts in particular only holds individual stocks and bonds and there are finer breakdowns in the asset classes, for example instead of just having a Small Cap stock, there are Small Cap Value stocks and Small Cap Growth stocks just to name a couple. Would be nice to be able to use some of the Custom class types to add more detail to the Asset Classes.
  • Lloyd Young
    Should have added more to my previous comment. Right now I have to look at each stock individually where if Asset Class was one of the available columns then I could quickly see the stocks where I want to change the Asset class.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lloyd Young  I suggest you explore the option of Group By: Asset Class 
  • Lloyd Young
    Thanks for the suggestion. This will work fine for what I want to do.