Transfers not showing up in Cash Flow

I have my bank account in Quicken Business and Rental (Q20, R29.22), and my loan in there also, every month there is a transfer for the mortgage payment. I am trying to print a cash flow report for my bank account.. so I would like the transfers (mortgage payments) to show up as transfers.. but I can not set up the report so I can see the transfers.

I am using the Cash Flow YTD report, I have adjusted the accounts to be JUST my bank account, and I have set Transfers to "Include All" on the advance tab, and double checked that I have All categories, Payees and tags included ... any idea what I am doing wrong or is this a glitch?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It this a "downloading" loan by any chance?  In that case there's no overt "transfer" of cash between checking and the loan.  The principal balance of the loan is "magically" reduced by a self-referencing entry in that Account.  However there should be an expense line of Loan:Principal .
  • MFED
    MFED Member
    No, there is a transfer line in my account statement and a transfer line in quicken , in quicken it automatically reduces the balance of the loan ( though interest and principle are not broken out monthly, I do that manually every year) so there is a transfer line in the loan account also, however I do not include the loan in the statement, and change the report parameters to include transfers... But it is not working.
  • Tom Young
    edited November 2020
    Is the loan set up a selected Category in the Cash Flow report?  If it's not, that would explain things.
  • MFED
    MFED Member
    I have selected ALL categories in the report, however when I look at the register for the bank account, the Category listed is [LOAN xx0989].. which is the way all of the transfers from one account to another are listed on the register..... the [LOAN xx0989] is listed as a category option on the register, and listed in the Category list for the report that I have included.
  • Tom Young
    I'd suggest creating a test file with only a Checking Account and a Loan Account, enter a loan payment in the Checking Account exactly as it reads in your working file.  You should see:
    If you do see essentially the same thing as I've posted then it would seem something's not right in the working file.  It could be some aspect of the report setup - though that seems unlikely.

This discussion has been closed.