How do I install Quicken 5.18.2 on my new Mac from my old Mac?

TomLC
TomLC Member
I have a 2017 iMac on catalina and a 2011 iMac on High Sierra. I have Quicken 5.18.2 on the old Mac and I am supposed to be able to install it on my new Mac also. So how do I do that?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can either log into your Quicken.com account and download it from there, or you can copy the Quicken.app file to your new Mac. You'll also need to copy your Quicken data file to the new Mac; you need to either use the Finder's File > Compress to make a .zip copy to move, or use Quicken's Save Backup command to create a .quickenbackup file to move -- just don't move the uncompressed data file between Macs. (It might be fine, but file permission problems are known to come up.)

If you're questioning how to actually move a file between your two Macs, you can use a flash drive, you can use Airdrop if the two Macs are close to each other, you can use file sharing if they're on the same network, or you can simply email the file to yourself from one machine and download it on the other. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can either log into your Quicken.com account and download it from there, or you can copy the Quicken.app file to your new Mac. You'll also need to copy your Quicken data file to the new Mac; you need to either use the Finder's File > Compress to make a .zip copy to move, or use Quicken's Save Backup command to create a .quickenbackup file to move -- just don't move the uncompressed data file between Macs. (It might be fine, but file permission problems are known to come up.)

If you're questioning how to actually move a file between your two Macs, you can use a flash drive, you can use Airdrop if the two Macs are close to each other, you can use file sharing if they're on the same network, or you can simply email the file to yourself from one machine and download it on the other. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.