OS clean install

Hello everyone,

Did a clean install of Big Sur. My quicken file is in the iCloud/documents folder. I’m I supposed to copy the folder back to the HD’s documents folder or do I just point them app to the file in the iCloud/documents folder?
I haven’t done this in a while and don’t remember how I did it last time.

Thanks.

Comments

• in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭✭
    I got the answer. Just had to put the check mark in iCloud under settings for documents amd desktop.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @in2ndo   It is strongly recommended not to have your data file on any cloud storage service, like iCloud or Dropbox. While it may work, it may also result in some perplexing problems, and in worst-case scenarios, you can get locked out of your data file entirely.

It is much better to put your data file somewhere on your local hard drive which is not stored on iCloud. For example you could create a Quicken folder inside your user folder (e.g. at the same level as Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures, etc.), and put your Quicken data file there. 

If you want, you can set your backup file location to be a folder in Documents which is located on iCloud. Just don't put your live data file there.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mnwild7
    mnwild7 Member
    > @in2ndo said:
    > I got the answer. Just had to put the check mark in iCloud under settings for documents amd desktop.

@in2ndo is Quicken for Mac working properly for you on macOS Big Sur? Having any issues?
  • in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭✭
    > @in2ndo is Quicken for Mac working properly for you on macOS Big Sur? Having any issues?

@mnwild7 so far no issues at all. And I have a good amount of accounts and different banks. It also feels lighter.
This discussion has been closed.