Can I exclude accounts in sidebar from the totals yet still show them? Like Quicken 2011

Options
I'm on Windows. New computer. Quicken Home and Business 2011 user, just purchased Quicken Premier Subscription to put on our new computer (Windows 10), and imported my Q11 file.

I went to check my account balances against the file in Q11 on my old computer. The accounts match up (yay!) Unfortunately the totals didn't, then I realized that in 2011, I could exclude accounts from the totals but in the latest quicken, that feature isn't supported.

I found out that I can keep the account separate, but I don't really want to do that, it takes them out of the sidebar categories and makes it harder to add them to reports (I have to enable hidden accounts).

The reason I did this was to see my "liquid" net worth on the sidebar, much more useful to me than my overall net worth in weekly planning. But other accounts (like mortgage) that I don't want to include in my "liquid" net worth still need to be on the side bar and get regular updates, so I don't want it gone completely.

So - any way to do this? I saw a question on this under the Quicken for MAC. It had a tag saying it was implemented... but it doesn't work on my Windows version which is completely up to date?

If there is not, any suggestions from others on how to keep that liquid net worth visible? It was so nice to kind of have the sidebar as a "quick access" to all accounts but have the totals show numbers that affected me over the next month or so, if that makes sense.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well it seems you have found all the options, and it sounds like you have toggled them to see what they have do so I won't go there.

"Don't include this account in net worth total" was changed to "keep separate" many years ago.  I don't remember exactly what version they switched at.

And instead of adding a separate option for "keep separate" like some people wanted, they just changed the meaning of the "Don't include" and its name.  There was quite a bit of negative feedback on this, but they didn't give in to it.

You can submit a thread as an Idea instead of a Comment (or maybe a moderator can change this one to an Idea), and then people can vote on the idea.  They wouldn't budge on it when they were Intuit, but maybe they will as Quicken Inc, sort of doubt it though.

And for the record you misunderstood what was happening in the Quicken Mac thread.  Quicken Mac was totally rewritten starting after the 2007 release, and with some starts and stops they have been trying to get all the features back into it and equal to Quicken Windows.  As such until that release that they said Quicken Mac finally got the feature the users had no way to keep an amount out of the total.  When it was implemented it was implemented in the same way it is in Quicken Windows (keep separate), not like it was in the past in Quicken Windows 2011.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well it seems you have found all the options, and it sounds like you have toggled them to see what they have do so I won't go there.

"Don't include this account in net worth total" was changed to "keep separate" many years ago.  I don't remember exactly what version they switched at.

And instead of adding a separate option for "keep separate" like some people wanted, they just changed the meaning of the "Don't include" and its name.  There was quite a bit of negative feedback on this, but they didn't give in to it.

You can submit a thread as an Idea instead of a Comment (or maybe a moderator can change this one to an Idea), and then people can vote on the idea.  They wouldn't budge on it when they were Intuit, but maybe they will as Quicken Inc, sort of doubt it though.

And for the record you misunderstood what was happening in the Quicken Mac thread.  Quicken Mac was totally rewritten starting after the 2007 release, and with some starts and stops they have been trying to get all the features back into it and equal to Quicken Windows.  As such until that release that they said Quicken Mac finally got the feature the users had no way to keep an amount out of the total.  When it was implemented it was implemented in the same way it is in Quicken Windows (keep separate), not like it was in the past in Quicken Windows 2011.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.