Error - We Are Unable To Contact The Quicken Server.

strueb
strueb Member ✭✭
I have a Quicken (Windows) subscription, and when I first opened it today I got a message stating it couldn't connect to the Quicken server to update, to check my internet connection, and try again later. My connection is fine (I could even update my accounts); I can post this question. I've tried to select "update" from the help menu and get a similar error message. (as far as I know, I'm not getting an error code; sorry.)

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The message is a bit misleading, in what it suggests is wrong. Quicken tried to connect to a Quicken server/service and failed.  What "server/service" that was in not really reported, so it is hard to say exactly what would be affected.  There might be some details in the logs.  I would say the best action you can take would be to contact Quicken support and see if they can find what is failing.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • strueb
    strueb Member ✭✭
    OK, thnaks. I did send a report to Quicken support (through Quicken itself), and it appended several logs by default. The problem I saw there is it also said they wouldn't respond directly to my question, so I don't know how they would provide an answer. Sorry ;-)
    Anyway, thanks much for the quick repsonse!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Yup.... --> Help --> Check For Updates ->>
    [EDIT] - also updated the topic title to better reflect the Q&A  error

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• strueb
    strueb Member ✭✭
    Indeed. That's the error, all right! Thank you for the screen capture. Mine wasn't cooperating today.
    (I don't feel quite as lonely, now...)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK now that I see the error, I tried it, and I get the same thing, so basically I don't think there is much else to do but wait for it to be fixed.

And on the Help -> Report a problem

That submits the problem, but in general they do not contact people unless they want more information, they don't give "feedback".  To actually get feedback you need to Contact Support, use the link I gave or : Help -> Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • strueb
    strueb Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Chris. I'll just check later, then. Luckily, it's not urgent.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got that message this morning, too. I figured it's because the R30.9 update is on hold and someone turned off the connection to the update server.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• bbumbarger
    bbumbarger Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. First noticed on 11/16/20. Tried everything from simple reboot to running the QClean Utility, reinstalling the software, super validation and downloading the MondoPatch QW27.1.30.9MPatch. Same result:
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I'm currently on 29.22. I got the error earlier this evening on "check for updates". Then I got a new update listed in OSU about 20 minutes ago, but no release notes. Check for updates said there's a new release - 30.09. I'm not loading that puppy. Just checked again 5 minutes ago and it said I have the latest - 29.22. They're messing with the updates.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes just ignore the error, it will go away in time.
    Signature:
  • strueb
    strueb Member ✭✭
    I intend to, that's for sure. I sent them an error report, so at least they know that there are issues (if they weren't aware already).
    (least the one-step update with accounts is fixed...)
This discussion has been closed.