Problem found when upgrading to 6.0.0. Mac--While in Stock Transaction section-

Options
cracof
cracof Member ✭✭
November 19, 2020
When I "reinvest dividend" of a stock I can add the dividend amount and number of shares..HOWEVER the price per share box remains gray (unlike previous versions) and when I save.. the investment Amt box remains empty. By not calculating the 'price per share' the basis of that stock will not be reflected accurately.
Furthermore, when I have gone back to the transaction to try again and correct it the dividend amount I had entered is gone but the number of shares remains correct. I notified Customer Service and was told I would have to wait until the next version update. WHAT!!? Any ideas on how to get this to function accurately...and is this the correct forum to announce this problem?
Thanks

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @cracofThe reinvest dividends bug was just fixed in the 6.0.1 release today. Bravo  to the development team for fixing that one so quickly!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Options
    You're right; I'm seeing the same behavior. I thought I had entered reinvest dividend transactions since upgrading to version 6.0, but perhaps it was just before I updated from 5.18.2. I'm definitely seeing the same problem you report when testing it now. 

Two places to report this:
    1. In Quicken, on the Help menu, use Report a Problem.
    2. Since 6.0 is a new release, the product manager is monitoring the announcement thread for reports for problems. You could post your report there and hope he notices.
  • cracof
    cracof Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jacob for your kind response and suggestion in directing me to the correct área. Cheers
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @cracofThe reinvest dividends bug was just fixed in the 6.0.1 release today. Bravo  to the development team for fixing that one so quickly!
This discussion has been closed.