Missing Placeholder: can't find / can't delete

MattT
MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
There is a placeholder remaining and effecting one of my Q investment accounts.  It has deleted the entire holdings of one equity.  I had added the placeholder when I thought I was missing a transaction but that was not the issue, so I went to the PLACEHOLDERS tab and deleted it; the PLACEHOLDERS tab shows no placeholders but the placeholder is still effecting the balance because the balances are not correct (for the impacted equity).

I did a search on the equity and I can see the placeholder in the list of transactions for that equity, but when I click on the date to go to the placeholder transaction, the view shifts to the register but no placeholder... there's nothing to delete.

I closed and reopened the program.  I have run the "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" and the report says all is good.  So the program is seeing the placeholder, wherever it is, and deeming it valid.

How do I find and totally delete this placeholder?

Best Answer

• MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Resolved.  Edit > Preferences > Investing Activity > Show hidden transactions.

Answers

• MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Resolved.  Edit > Preferences > Investing Activity > Show hidden transactions.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps your Placeholders are hidden. Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions and make sure "Show Hidden transactions" is checked.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    HI Jim, thanks!!  I was rummaging around some placeholder issue messages and found the same.  I usually don't fool around with PH; they're more of a pain than just resolving the individual transactions....LOL