Can the Accounts List be reordered within a major category?

I was a Q2007 user, then went to SEE Finance because the needed features weren't available in QEssentials, and now I am back to Q2020.
I would like to keep the accounts in the same order I had them in Q2007 and See Finance, but can't figure out how to reorder them within a major category. They seem to be in alphabetical order, so I am looking for a way to reorder without renaming them.
Can anyone give me a glimmer of hope on this?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can't change the account order. The developers have previously hinted that they were looking into ways of giving users more control over account groups in the sidebar, but so far, nothing has materialized.

So the way I control my account order is to use numerical prefixes:
       1-Checking
       2-Cash
       3-XYZ Visa
       4-ABC Amex

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @danamarks

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Currently in the Mac products there's no way to reorganize the accounts other than alphabetically. This feature is currently planned to be added into Quicken Mac but there's currently no ETA. I'll leave the thread down below where voting took place as well. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7320975/add-option-to-sort-accounts-by-name-in-quicken-for-mac-71-legacy-votes#latest

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can't change the account order. The developers have previously hinted that they were looking into ways of giving users more control over account groups in the sidebar, but so far, nothing has materialized.

So the way I control my account order is to use numerical prefixes:
       1-Checking
       2-Cash
       3-XYZ Visa
       4-ABC Amex

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @danamarks

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Currently in the Mac products there's no way to reorganize the accounts other than alphabetically. This feature is currently planned to be added into Quicken Mac but there's currently no ETA. I'll leave the thread down below where voting took place as well. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7320975/add-option-to-sort-accounts-by-name-in-quicken-for-mac-71-legacy-votes#latest

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.