What is going on with "ON GOING 11/16/20 PNC Returns CC-502/102, CC-508/108 & OL-292-B Error"???

Its been a while that this problem has been active. What is going on?? Somebody made some change somewhere which has caused the problem. Being an ex programmer, when I was still working, a delay in resolving something this was unacceptable, would have probably cost me my job. I am sure that I am not the only unhappy Quicken user. Somebody needs to build a fire under somebody.
Frank Wonder

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suspicion is that it is, actually, a PNC error ... that Q has no control over.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @fowonder1

Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting with PNC.  Can you tell us how you connect with PNC, the specific code or codes you are seeing, and the types of accounts (checking, savings, credit cards...) for each code type?

Thanks!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• It has been going on for over a month. I do all of my banking with PNC and I am unable to enjoy even the most basic advantages of having Quicken to manage my finances. I just can't understand why such a basic function has taken so long to fix. If my company's IT department took this long to fix a basic function we wouldn't have any customers left.
  • fowonder1
    fowonder1 Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Deluxe R30.10. Last successful update was in October, 2 cking & 1 sav accounts using One step Update. I get a CC-208 error saying 2 accounts (cking) updated which they are not. The account list shows that the savings needs to be activated which I tried but get a CC-503 error. I can and have signed on to PNC to my accounts and have no problem with doing on-line functions. Of course, I have changed nothing and have been doing updates with Quicken for years.

Frank W
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hi @fowonder1

Thanks.  But what is the "connection method"?  The options are "direct connect," "express web connect," or "web connect".

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your referring to checking/savings accounts, they should be DC. Anything else will result in errors. If you are using PNC virtual wallet, that also will be problematic. CC accounts can only use EWC or the new QCS connection, which is difficult to distinguish. 
    If you have not attempted to deactivate, then activate your account recently, I would try that. I've not had any issues with checking/savings accounts, but was impacted for weeks with CC until I deactivated/activated the account.
  • fowonder1
    fowonder1 Member ✭✭
    I am using "express web connect" and never had any trouble using it for years.

Frank W
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @fowonder1,

I understand, but I asked that question because I suspected that you were using Express web Connect.  While you may not had issues with the method in the past,  direct connect is a much more reliable connection method.  I use it with PNC and it has worked great for years, and the PNC doesn't charge an extra fee (some banks do) for the service.

From one Frank to another - I suggest that you switch methods.

Take care.

Frankx

• fowonder1
    fowonder1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all for your input. I will try direct connect when I return home in early December. Some of the info I may need is there and I will have to find out how to change to direct connect.

Thanks again
    Frank W
This discussion has been closed.