Your financial institution has a new page or pop up window that needs your response

On 11/19/20 when accessing Peoples Security Bank in Pennsylvania. The error came up "your financial institution has a new page or pop up window that needs your response". I went to the Peoples Security website and verified my e mail address as requested. The error message continues to come up in Quicken several days since it first came up. Today 11/27/20 I contacted the on line tech support at Peoples Security Bank. They checked my account and found no problems on their end. They said the issue is on Quickens end and to contact their support department. Prior to 11/19/20 I never had a problem updating my Peoples Security accounts in Quicken. I am running version R30. 10 Build 27.1.30.10. Please advise how to fix problem.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There error message is misleading.  Intuit "scripts" (Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Express Web Connect service) log into the financial institution website and retrieve the transactions.  To do this they have navigate certain webpages.  Whenever they can't do that they report an error.  And they "blame" that on a pop up window because that is the kind of change to the website that might prevent them from navigating it.  After all these just a set steps, not a human that might see a new pop up and know how to dismiss it.

At any rate the only people that can get in touch with the "Intuit script people" is Quicken support.  They have to take logs and escalate the problem.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There error message is misleading.  Intuit "scripts" (Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Express Web Connect service) log into the financial institution website and retrieve the transactions.  To do this they have navigate certain webpages.  Whenever they can't do that they report an error.  And they "blame" that on a pop up window because that is the kind of change to the website that might prevent them from navigating it.  After all these just a set steps, not a human that might see a new pop up and know how to dismiss it.

At any rate the only people that can get in touch with the "Intuit script people" is Quicken support.  They have to take logs and escalate the problem.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.