Unable to Delete Repeating Online Payment

Options

Comments

• jsburling
    Options
    I have the same problem. An online repeating payment (also for a church) that I cannot change or delete. It is not in the list of repeating online payments. The payee shows up in the list of online payees (Tools/Online Payee List), but I cannot delete the payee because of a "pending online payment." If I find the pending payment for this payee, I can cancel the payment (Edit/transaction/Cancel payment) but then as soon as I do an online update to send the cancellation instruction, the following month's online payment shows up as pending. In other words, I cancelled December's payment, then January's appeared. I cancelled that one, and February's immediately appeared. I stopped with March as this seemed to be going nowhere. I tried validating Quicken (Windows subscription) and restarting it, but that didn't help. The instructions in the last window don't help -- they take me the list of repeating online payments (Tools/Online Center/Repeating online)-- but this payee is nowhere to be found in the online center -- not Monthly Bills & Deposits, not All Bills & Deposits, not Scheduled, and not Repeating online. This automatic payment is like a ghost in the machine -- it happens every month and I can't stop it and I can't alter it and I can't find it. Please help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jsburling,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

I know you mentioned you have already tried validating your data file. However, if you haven't already, I recommend trying to Super Validate your file as well and see if that makes a difference. To do so, please follow the steps below.
    1. Open the File menu
    2. File Operations
    3. Hold Ctrl Shift on your keyboard and click Validate and Repair...
    4. Let go of the Ctrl Shift keys and select Super Validate File
    5. Click Ok
    6. Wait for the Super Validate to finish and close the data log when it opens
    7. Close Quicken (wait at least 5 seconds)
    8. Reopen Quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ladylawyer76
    Options
    I have the same problem. I did the super validate and followed all instructions but it did not correct the problem. It did finally allow me to delete the payee but continued to add the payments. What now?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ladylawyer76

Thank you for the response although I apologize that your trouble continues to persist.

I would next recommend following the steps below to remove the payment instructions.
    1. Choose Tools menu >Bill and Income Reminders List and then select the Repeating Online tab.
    2. Click to select the repeating payment you want to delete.
    3. Press and hold the CTRL key and click Delete at the top of the scheduled transaction list.
    4. Quicken displays a message, "This will delete your payment instructions from Quicken. It will not send instructions to the payment center to stop making the payments. You should only use this on the advice of Quicken Technical Support." (The exact wording of this message may vary). Click OK.
    Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ladylawyer76
    Options
    For some reason the repeating payment that I want to delete does not show up on the list of bills under any of the tabs but the program keeps adding it to the register each month when I update so cannot select it to delete.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thanks for the update, though I am sorry to hear that the issue continues to persist and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't use repeating online payments, so this is just my understanding. I believe a repeating online payment is actually stored at the financial institution. In other words, when you create it in Quicken, Quicken sends the instruction to the bank. When you do a one step update, the bank is sending the next repeating payment back to Quicken.
    So try going to the bank's web site and see whether you can delete the payment there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.