Not updating bills

Some bills are not updating after days after I know bill is available.  Like NJ American Water

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @BJL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing this and have not received a response yet.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Since it's been a few days since you've posted this, may I ask if you're still experiencing this issue with certain Online Billers? If so, could you please state the name(s) of each one you're experiencing this with, please?

I also took the liberty of pulling up your account with us and checked the status of the Online Biller you mentioned (New Jersey American Water) here internally. On our end, it shows that it successfully synced and updated with a visible amount due as of today's date. Can you please confirm whether or not that this is what it shows on your end as well?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Hello Anja,  thanks for getting back to me.  I am running Version 6.0.1 (Build 600.37045.100) macOS 11.0.1

And yes I am/was continuing to have this issue.  Initially, I thought the only reason that you saw a payment visible amount due was my workaround was set it up by creating a schedule but now I finally see it when I just checked so deleted this series, and yes it is now there and I am able to schedule it.  But why does it take so long after the bill is issued?

Because after several months I have so little confidence now in Quicken managing this (and worry I might to forget to pay a bill) I have found I have had to rely on workarounds.   My habit had been with the old quicken bill pay to schedule my payments for future dates on the day I actually received the paper bill or downloaded the eBill.   I have the same now with Verizon but my workaround for that has been to allow Verizon to debit my account. 

I think it's key that customers like myself have confidence in your bill pay system.  And there is no web interface like the old Quicken Bill Pay to pay bills from there instead of through the Quicken desktop.

So for now help to set my expectation. How long should it take from when the payee eBill is available on their website before it syncs with Quicken?

Thank you.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BJL

Thank you for the response and the feedback regarding the new bill manager, although I apologize for any confusion or frustration you have experienced. 

The time an amount takes to sync to Quicken depends on the biller and varies. You will need to wait until your biller has an amount due to update and see the amount due in Quicken.

If you feel that you should be seeing an amount for a biller displayed, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report any biller issues you encounter. This will not receive a response, however, the information will be used for investigating and research purchases.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2cents' worth:
    If you have problems with scheduling bills using Quicken Bill Manager, avoid using it at all cost. Try to see if you can have the biller automatically debit your checking account or a credit card on due date (watch for transaction fees and choose the fee-free option). That should allow for a no-hassle on-time bill payment, because it is now the biller's job to collect payment on time.
    I've been paying most of my bills by auto-pay, direct debit, APS, or whatever the biller calls it, for many years, without problems.
    In Quicken all I need is a Scheduled Reminder to execute when I receive the statement in the (e)mail.

This discussion has been closed.