Scheduled Transaction Amount Keeps Changing

Options
I have my paycheck scheduled every other week, with all of its offsets. When the paycheck is about to come (for example, when I look at it today for this coming Friday), the total amount changes and I have an uncategorized transaction for the amount of the change. For example, if the deposit is $1000, it changes to $400 with a $600 uncategorized transaction. I then need to adjust the total again and delete the uncategorized transaction. I'm on the latest version but this has been happening for many months now. Any solution? Do I need to delete and reenter (I'm hoping to avoid that)?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @dan.greenberg.ct

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that it does this actually. When you edit the reminder does it show the categorization properly? When you edit and save does it keep the correct details you previously put in?

I believe remaking the reminder may be the best way to to see if we're able to fix it. I would make the new one first and then cross check it with the one you currently use to make it a bit simpler to fill out without having to remember all the exact details. This might be the way we do need to try as it's been an issue for a couple of months so I don't think it's related to any of the recent updates to the program.

Once you have a chance let us know what you're able to find. If you do end up remaking the reminder let us know if you do have issues still as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• dan.greenberg.ct
    dan.greenberg.ct Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes the edits work for the next transaction but it then reoccurs later. I deleted and reentered the transaction from scratch so hopefully it doesn't happen again. It seems to be just this one recurring transaction so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The only thing unique about it is that there are several line items that have $0.00 because they don't apply every paycheck and I enter the amount when it does.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I would also check in menu Window > Payees & Rules > QuickFill Rules and make sure you don't have any potentially conflicting QuickFill rules. This should not affect a scheduled transaction, but who knows?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    dan.greenberg.ct Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    There was another rule too. I deleted that. Hopefully between reentering and deleting the rule, I should be good. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.