Payment details not appearing in Loan

Options
BigRedBob
BigRedBob Member ✭✭
Folks: We recently refinanced - for the 5th time - our house. I went through the process of setting up the new loan as I had in the past including the payment of the old loan. All is well - the payment schedule is correct, the updates with the bank are working fine, but the payment details screen is, well, blank...and I don't know why. Has anyone else encountered this? figured I'd ask before going down the recreate the loan after the first payment rabbit hole

Bob T
Quicken for Windows subscription
WIndows 10 Home 2004
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @BigRedBob

It sounds like you have opted for a "connected" mortgage account. When you setup the mortgage loan in Quicken did you elect to have it download from the Financial institution (i.e. is it a "connected" mortgage )?  If so, there is no account register.  That is one of the drawbacks of setting it up that way.

You should be able to convert this "auto download" loan account to a manual loan account.  That's what you'll need to do if you want to be able make adjustments to transactions

Here's a LINK on how to convert the loan.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @BigRedBob

It sounds like you have opted for a "connected" mortgage account. When you setup the mortgage loan in Quicken did you elect to have it download from the Financial institution (i.e. is it a "connected" mortgage )?  If so, there is no account register.  That is one of the drawbacks of setting it up that way.

You should be able to convert this "auto download" loan account to a manual loan account.  That's what you'll need to do if you want to be able make adjustments to transactions

Here's a LINK on how to convert the loan.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• BigRedBob
    BigRedBob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Frankx: Ah! That was the problem - didn't realize what havoc I was creating in using the "Connected" mortgage account. Followed steps in linked document - though I noticed the images were no longer valid. If interested, I grabbed some screen captures at appropriate moments, happy to share

Bob
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI again @BigRedBob,

Yes, there is no warning that a "connected load" means there is "no register".  There probably should be a warning about that.

Also - on the images missing issue - I noticed other posts that the images are somehow disappearing recently.  I don't know why that is happening but it started a few days ago.  Hopefully they'll get that fixed.

Take care and stay safe!

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.