Can I install the latest Quicken version and still retain the use of my older version?

I use Quicken 2002 on a windows 10 computer using manual entry to track expenses, budget run reports etc. It has worked flawlessly all these years. Can I install a new version of Quicken and start a new data file while continuing to use my 2002 version. I am not interested in converting my 2002 data files. My concern is I have read that installing a new Quicken version will overwrite the older version. I want to be able to run both new and old versions on the same computer. Can this be done?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    If you want to use two versions of Quicken on the same machine at the same time, I suggest using a guest operating system.  If you're not able to install Windows Hyper-V, consider installing VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    If you want to use two versions of Quicken on the same machine at the same time, I suggest using a guest operating system.  If you're not able to install Windows Hyper-V, consider installing VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org
  • Is there is a better way than this? With Reckon Accounts for Business, you're able to have multiple different versions of the product installed (in different Program Files folders) and can switch between them without any troubles. Is this not possible in the Personal range?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there is a better way than this? With Reckon Accounts for Business, you're able to have multiple different versions of the product installed (in different Program Files folders) and can switch between them without any troubles. Is this not possible in the Personal range?
    Hi @jeffmparker ,

You posted to the wrong forum. Try:  https://community.reckon.com/

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    frankfps said:
    I use Quicken 2002 on a windows 10 computer using manual entry to track expenses, budget run reports etc. It has worked flawlessly all these years. Can I install a new version of Quicken and start a new data file while continuing to use my 2002 version. I am not interested in converting my 2002 data files. My concern is I have read that installing a new Quicken version will overwrite the older version. I want to be able to run both new and old versions on the same computer. Can this be done?
    Hi @frankfps ,

You can using a Desktop Computer with ease. The method is dual-booting your computer.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• frankfps
    frankfps Member
    Can you please explain what is meant by "dual booting"?
This discussion has been closed.